Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Milestone


Abigail is becoming stronger with each week that passes and her kicking/movements have become increasingly more noticeable. So much in fact that sometimes it almost hurts a little in a shocking strange ticklish alien way!

She is most active in the mornings and anytime after I eat. Drinking juice or eating anything with sugar makes her crazy too! Well each night I have been placing my hands on my belly hoping that I could feel her on the outside when I feel her moving on the inside. And finally Friday night I felt the first little thump. Only one, but it was still a thump.

Then on Saturday Gabe was able to feel her for the first time. Again only one little thump. But by Sunday morning he was able to feel several little thump thump thumps and I was even able to feel her pushing me with what was probably her little foot!

On a side note, I am definitely "showing" now. My belly seems to have popped out in the last two weeks.
It was pretty neat. I am glad that Gabe was finally able to feel his daughter. Each micro event like this makes it more and more real that she is there and making her presence to us known.

We are now at 21 weeks, which is more than halfway ~ another little milestone that was important for us to reach.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly--
    It's so exciting to hear about all of these milestones. It must be so much fun for Gabe to feel her kicking now! Yesterday at the hospital, I learned how to palpate a woman's belly to determine where the baby is hanging out--how to feel for the head, the spine, and the butt (help determine if a baby is breach). Then we listened to the baby's heartbeat--I found it all by myself (which is harder than it sounds). I was thinking about you!!

    I'm so happy for you!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete