Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hard Time Getting Up


I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. I hit snooze too many times, which caused me to have to rush to get ready to catch the vanpool for work.

I was having a very pleasant dream that I went and visited Ree Drummond and her ranch she shares with Marlboro Man (her husband) and their kids. Ree is the author, photographer, cook and writer of one of my favorite blogs The Pioneer Woman. View it at www.thepioneerwoman.com. I think she is amazing!

In this dream I picked out my horse for the weekend. A beautiful Grulla mare with a long mane and stocky build (like the one pictured above). In the lodge the smell of freshly baked bread was in the air as Ree had baked some rustic sourdough bread.

The funny part to me was that Marlboro Man (MM) was teaching me how to cook a piece of salmon that was coated with some type of crumb and cheese mixture. When he flipped it on the griddle he made sure to explain that I needed to scrape the cooked crust that formed around the fillet and then place it on the top of the salmon, as this was "manna from heaven".

I thought it strange for two reasons, Ree is the one that cooks in their family and they raise beef, so salmon is not something they would normally eat. Must have been a special occasion!

Getting away from Spokane, if only in a dream to smell the country, be around horses again, see the grasses blowing gently in the breeze and to meet Ree Drummond is TOTALLY worth rushing through my morning once in awhile!

1 comment: