Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bamboletta Dolls


In my constant searches for homemade lovelies and how we can incorporate the good old fashioned way of life into our growing family I found these dolls.

They are Bamboletta Dolls, which means ‘little doll’ in Italian and is a term of endearment that parents use for their children.

All their dolls are handmade. They use a wonderful thick cotton interlock from the Netherlands for their ’skin’. It hardly pills, it retains its shape and it is oh so soft. They use wool for the hair of the doll that has been cleaned and carded using eco friendly methods. And then top all that goodness off with the most adorable hand made clothes I have ever seen.

Just take a look at this doll? I would love for Abigail to have one of her one. I should start saving now so by the time she is old enough to properly care for one I can afford it!

If you too are charmed by the unique adorable-ness of these handmade dolls you can visit their website at www.bamboletta.com.

1 comment:

  1. I think those dolls are so adorable!

    I know this is in the future, but let me know when you are going to get one for Abigail because I would love to get her some additional clothes or other accessories to go with it. I saw they had a little sleeping bag on the website that looked so sweet.

    ReplyDelete