Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reese Emery Myers


Oh what joy, oh what fun! May 19th our family was blessed with a little bundle of cuteness weighing 5lbs 11oz. My older brother Chris and his wife Misty became proud parents of Reese Emery.


It has been a long time coming for these two and I am elated for them! It brings me to tears each time I see pictures.



This is the first time in my life that I have seen my brother look this happy, and that is something that touches me on a deep emotional level. The “tough” outer shell that he puts up has disappeared and the joy of being a dad is beaming from him.

When I saw the picture below of my dad holding Reese, with my brother looking over, I was over come with emotion and I cried and cried. Tears of joy.



After what Gabe and I have been through, I can’t imagine the pain, disappointment and emptiness that Chris and Misty must have shared over the last 8+ years of trying to conceive. My heart ached with them.



We are so excited for them. Excited for their family, our family and for the future. Excited for next summer up at the lake cabin watching Abigail and Reese get to know one another!

I can’t say it enough – what a blessing. And now all is right in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment