Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My dad is on Facebook!


I know it probably doesn’t seem like a big deal to most of us that have been online with various accounts for what seems like forever. But I think it is pretty cool.

A great thing has happened because of his efforts. He found Carol, a foster child that lived in their home growing up! They have since reconnected and Carol has also been in contact with my grandparents.

I have always thought that my grandparents are above and beyond special, but Carol who lived with them until she was 18 months has always felt the same way. She wrote them and to say that she has also considered them to be her second parents and she has told people that her entire life. She even wanted to find my grandpa a few years back when she was engaged, so he could walk her down the aisle since her adoptive parents had both passed away.

Although Carol was very young when she knew them, she never forgot their kindness and they were always in her mind and close to her heart.

Like I said, my grandparents are very special people. Someday I will blog about the wonderful things they have done together.


No comments:

Post a Comment