Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My friend Lisa

Words that describe my friend Lisa
Inspiring
Hilarious
Dedicated
Quote taker
Motivated
Caring
Beautiful inside and out
French Chef
Creative
Mom
Camp Director
Entertainer

I could go on - but I will stop.

I was touched that Lisa thought of me the other day. She had flowers delivered to me at work. At first I couldn't understand why she would send me flowers that said "Thinking of You - Lisa"

It took 15 minutes or so of me asking, why would Lisa be thinking of me....how strange...how out of the blue...how wonderful...how touching...how thoughtful...how unexpected and delightful!

Then it hit me, just the magnitude of what Lisa did for me.

She in three words told me "I know what you are going through, I get it, I've been there, I know how hard it is, don't give up, it will happen for you, I am sorry you are going through this, I am here for you whenever you need me! . . . I am thinking of you."

Those flowers meant more to me than any others I have ever received. They more than lifted my spirits that day. They allowed me to forgive, to refocus, and to jump in with both feet again! Try, try again.

Lisa, is someone that I look up to, that I aspire to be like, and I hope that one day I can give one of my friends what she gave to me, the day, I received "Thinking of You" flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment